Enhancing your appearance with an Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Would you like to regain a flat and well-toned abdomen? Would you like to feel like your clothing properly fits? Are you finding that exercise and diet are still not enough? Pregnancy and weight change can alter your appearance in ways you can’t correct on your own.
The Board-certified Plastic Surgeons at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery can help you regain your shapely abdomen and restore that flat, more youthful appearance.
Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Jerrold Zeitels or Dr. Richard Tepper.
The Plastic Surgeons at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery (APAS) offer a specialized approach that:
- Incorporates the latest and most advanced techniques to recovery.
- Greatly enhances comfort by using EXPAREL®, an advanced medication placed at the time of surgery. This can offer up to 72 hours of pain relief, thus reducing or eliminating the need for narcotic usage.
- May combine the procedure with liposuctioning of the hips or other body areas to achieve greater contouring.
Is a Tummy Tuck the right procedure for me?
- A tummy tuck is a good option if you are healthy, have stable weight, have realistic expectations and are a non-smoker.
- A tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program.
- The Results are permanent, but weight gain from inactivity or poor eating can substantially affect the long term benefits.
- Women who may be considering future pregnancies may be advised to postpone a tummy tuck.
- A tummy tuck cannot correct stretch marks, although these may be removed if they are located on the areas of excess skin.
- Your procedure will be performed in a hospital or fully accredited surgery center.
- The doctors utilize an incision in the lower abdomen (bikini-area) that is easily disguised beneath clothing.
- Your muscle layer is tightened and contoured, thus correcting those changes that resulted from pregnancy or weight gain.
- Excess skin is removed.
Patients may be advised to spend one night in the hospital, depending on the extent of their procedure, and return home the day after surgery.
Our quick recovery method for tummy tuck simplifies the healing process because we use the long lasting medication EXPAREL®. Patients have mild swelling, and may have mild bruising that fades after the first week. If drains are utilized, they are usually removed within the first week.
Our tummy tuck patients usually return to their normal routines quickly. You can shower within days after surgery. Patients can stand upright within a few days of surgery and are walking well after that. You may resume many activities after the first week, and most by the third week. You can return to work within 7 to 14 days.
After a tummy tuck you will look natural and presentable after approximately a week, and can expect continual improvement over the next 3 to 6 months. Patients enjoy having a firmer, flatter, more contoured abdomen and many are able to wear smaller clothing sizes.
To meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery (APAS) in Springfield, NJ, request a consultation online or call (908) 654-6540 today.
How much will an abdominoplasty cost?
Individual factors and patient consideration will affect cost. Your surgeon would be happy to discuss the specific information with you, so please be sure to ask. Patient financing is also available.
Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment.