Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Blepharoplasty is surgery to rejuvenate the eyelids. The procedure can be performed on both upper and lower lids, and often involves removal of excess skin. There ay be additional surgery to remove and /or reposition the muscle or fatty tissue in that area.
Dr. Charles Loguda, Dr. Howard Tepper, Dr. Richard Tepper and Dr. Jerrold Zeitels at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery, offer their unique approaches to achieve a natural, rejuvenated appearance. They can utilize the most current approaches such as fat grafting and repositioning to help avoid that “hollowed out” appearance more typical of older procedures.
Click here to Schedule your consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540.
Who is a good candidate?
- Patients who often get comments that they appear tired or worn down
- Patients with a lot of extra eyelid wrinkles
- Bags of the lower eyelids
- Patients who may experience difficulty when looking upward
Patients in Springfield, Westfield, Summit, and Millburn New Jersey, as well as surrounding Union and Essex Counties are invited to contact us or call us at (908) 654-6540.
- The procedure is performed in a hospital or fully accredited ambulatory surgery center
- For upper lids, the incision is placed in the upper eyelid crease
- For lower lids, the incision is placed either just beneath the eyelashes or inside the lid
- Excess or bulging fat is either removed or repositioned, and muscle lifting or contouring may be performed as well
- This can be combined with a brow-lift or face-lift
- You go home the same day after a few hours
- Ice is often applied for 24 to 48 hours after surgery
- Some swelling and bruising may occur, depending on the extent of your procedure
- You may shower after the 1st or 2nd day
- You may not be able to wear contacts for the first week if you have lower eyelid surgery
- Some sutures may be removed @ day 4. Others may remain a bit longer
- A natural, rejuvenated appearance
- Correction of drooping eyelids if that was a concern
- A well-rested appearance
- Correction or improvement of vision if related to skin excess