Jerrold R. Zeitels, M.D.
- Associates in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery – 1987 to present
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Plastic Surgery Residency, 1985-1987
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI Chief Resident, General Surgery,1985
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI General Surgery Residency, 1980-1984
- University of Chicago / Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL Doctor of Medicine, 1976-1980
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 1972 – 1976
- New Jersey
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – 1989
- Board Certified hand surgery – 1990 – recertified in 1999 and 2009
HOSPITAL AND SURGERY CENTER AFFILIATIONS
- Overlook Hospital – Summit, NJ (past vice-chairman)
- RWJ University Hospital at Rahway – Rahway, NJ (department chairman)
- The Center for Ambulatory Surgery – Mountainside, NJ
- Westfield Plastic Surgery Center – Springfield, NJ
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons (NJSPS) (past president)
- Medical Society of New Jersey (MSNJ)
- Union County Medical Society (UCMS)
- Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons
- Castle Connolly, Top Doctors, NY Metro Area
- Castle Connolly – America’s Cosmetic Doctors & Dentists
- Castle Connolly – Best Doctors in New York Metro Areas
- Consumer’s Guide to America’s Top Surgeons
- Editorial Advisory Board – Plastic Surgery Products
- Sergio Award – Heal The Children (Humanitarian Aid)
- Joint Resolution – N.J. Senate & General Assembly for Dedicated Service
- Executive Council of N.J. Plastic Surgery Society
- Directory of Distinguished Americans
- American Biographical Institute
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, Pre-Medical Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Pennsylvania
- Zeitels, J., et al. A Women’s Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery And Body Contouring. Addicus Books, 2006
- Zeitels, J. Heal the Children, Heal Thyself. The New York Physician, 1996 Sept:31-32.
- Zeitels J., et al. Recurrence and Resection Margins for Stage I Primary Cutaneous Malignant Melanomas. Plas Recon Surg 1991: Volume I Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1992.
- Zeitels J. We Lost The Battle but Won The War. Med Econ, 1990 Sept 17th
- Zeitels J., et al. A Comparison of Local Recurrence at Resection Margins for Stage I Primary Cutaneous Malignant Melanomas. Plas Recon Surg 1998, May: 81:688-693
- Zeitels J. Fiddian-Green R, Dent T. Intersphincteric Prostatectomy. Surgery 1984; 96:617-23.
- Zeitels J., Naunheim K., Kaplan EL. Carcinoid Tumors: A 37 Year Experience. Arch Surg 1982; 117:732-6
- “A Survey of One Hundred Patients Undergoing Inferior Pedicle Reduction Mammoplasties”, Presented at the Robert H. Ivy Plastic Surgery Society, 1987. Presented – Senior Resident Plastic Surgery Conference, 1987.
- “Local Recurrence and Resection Margins for Stage I Primary Cutaneous Malignant Melanomas”, Presented – X Congress of the International Confederation for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Madrid, 1992.
- “A Comparison of Local Recurrence and Resection Margins for Stage I Primary Cutaneous Malignant Melanomas”, Presented – Robert H. Ivy Plastic Surgery Society, 1986. Presented at the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, PSEF. ASMA Annual Scientific Meetings, October 1986.
- “Intersphincteric Prostatectomy”, Presented at the Central Surgical Association, 1984: Presented – International Society of University Colon and Rectal Surgeons, 1984: Presented at the Frederick Coller Surgical Society, 1984.
- “Carcinoid Tumors: A 37 Year Experience”, Presented – Westerns Surgical Association, 1981
- “Iodine Absorption Following the Topical Use of a Povidine-Iodine Solution”, Presented – Residents Conference of the Society of University Surgeons, 1981.