Weight loss should make you proud.
Not only do you feel better, you become healthier, with lower rates of heart disease and obesity-related conditions such as diabetes. But massive weight loss may result in too much skin and loose, sagging areas of your body. And these may negatively impact how you feel. The Board-certified Plastic Surgeons at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery can correct some of those changes that occur.
Request a consultation online or call our office (908) 654-6540 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Charles Loguda, Dr. Howard Tepper, Dr. Jerrold Zeitels, or Dr. Richard Tepper.
Did you know that patients who undergo body contouring after massive weight loss are more likely to keep the weight off as compared with patients who don’t?
Massive weight loss can affect many different parts of the body, with excessive folds of skin in your abdomen, hips or lower back. It can affect how clothing fits. Women, and even men, can experience exaggerated drooping of the breasts. The thighs and buttocks are sometimes involved. And for some, the upper arm skin becomes so loose it shakes!
This sagging skin can make your body appear irregular or even abnormal. If you have undergone dramatic weight loss, you may be a candidate for surgical correction.
At Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery (APAS), our individualized approach means that you’ll receive a personalized assessment of those procedures to help you meet your goals.
The surgeons perform a wide array of procedures to correct the appearances associated with massive weight loss. Some of the procedures are:
- Lower Body Lift (also known as belt lipectomy)
- Brachioplasty (arm lift)
- Breast lift
- Thigh lift
- Buttock lift
- Surgery is performed in a hospital if an overnight stay is expected. However, small procedures such as an arm lift (brachioplasty) are performed such that you can go home the same day.
- The nature of the procedure and the scope of work all influence the location and size of incisions. We invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors so you can learn more about those procedures appropriate for your needs.
- Most patients will experience some soreness and discomfort over the course of several days. The extent of surgery can greatly influence this.
- In certain cases, EXPAREL®, an advanced medication placed at the time of surgery, is available for use, providing up to 72 hours of anesthetic effect.
- You may experience mild to moderate swelling and / or bruising.
- Patients often return to work within a week or two.
- Compression garments are often used with this kind of surgery.
Surgery following massive weight loss can restore that sense of well-being. Patients look better but more importantly they feel better.
Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment.