Did you know that overdevelopment of the male breasts is fairly common yet seldom discussed. Often a cause of anxiety, this condition is believed to affect between 40% and 60% men.
The Board-certified Plastic Surgeons at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic have helped many men, both young and older, feel better about themselves.
We invite you to Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment.
Who is a good candidate?
- Men with enlarged breast tissue that is NOT the result of medication or unresolved endocrine issues.
- Men who are self-conscious about the appearance of their chest.
- Firm, elastic skin will better contour than loose, flabby skin.
- Men who are relatively healthy and not massively overweigh.
- Men who don’t consume excessive alcohol, use marijuana or take anabolic steroids, as all are associated with this condition.
- Your surgery will be performed in a hospital or fully accredited surgery center.
- Several anesthetic choices exist, depending on the extent of correction.
- Suction assisted lipectomy (“Liposuction”) is often employed during this, perfomred through tiny access points around the nipple area of in the breast creases.
- Firmer breast tissue may be directly removed through an incision along the edge of the areola.
- The resulting scars are quite inconspicuous.
- Patients go home the same day, often wrapped in a gauze and ace bandages. Or a garment will be used.
- Your first follow-up appointment will be in 2-3 days, after which you may shower.
- Most men have mild to moderate discomfort for 3-5 days, often returning to semi-normal activity shortly thereafter.
- Some mild swelling or bruising may occur.
- You can achieve a flatter, more defined chest.
- You can feel more confident whether you’re wearing a shirt or not.
- Exercise without the concern over breast tissue mobility.
Richard Tepper MD, Jerrold Zeitels MD, Charles Loguda MD, and Howard Tepper MD invite you to Request a consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540 to schedule your appointment.