Your face helps define your image. It is perhaps the most noticeable part of your appearance. With time, your face may show signs of aging. Fluctuations in weight, excessive sun exposure, and even gravity, can cause aging. Do you feel like you look older than you are? Would you like to regain a more youthful appearance? If so, we can help rejuvenate your appearance at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery in Springfield, NJ.
Click here to schedule your consultation online or call us at (908) 654-6540.
- Dr. Charles Loguda, Dr. Richard Tepper, Dr. Howard Tepper and Dr. Jerrold Zeitels offer their unique approaches to achieve a natural, rejuvenated appearance.
- SMAS technique offering natural lifting without an overly tight appearance.
- Soft tissue augmentation by transferring you own fat.
- Patients look refreshed, not different.
A good candidate for Facelift surgery is someone who:
- Is a non-smoker. Smoking poses high risks and if considering surgery, one should stop for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Has loose facial skin and deep cheek folds.
- Has jowls.
- Has lost volume in the face or beneath the eyes.
- Your procedure is performed in a hospital of fully accredited ambulatory surgery center.
- General anesthesia is often employed but sedation may be an option.
- Thin incisions are made along the sideburn region, then along the ear, and around the earlobe, extending back toward the scalp.
- The deeper SMAS layer is tightened, while the skin is separately trimmed of excess and sutured closed.
- The neck is treated as desired, and the procedure can be combined with eyelid surgery or brow surgery.
- Fat transfers can add volume when needed.
- Artiss (Baxter) is revolutionary sealant that helps anchor your lifted skin in place.
- Patients often remain in the facility overnight but some may be able to go home the same day.
- It is important to have someone assist you for the first night.
- A fluffy, padded bandage will remain in place for 2-3 days.
- You may experience some mild bruising and some swelling.
- Pain is usually well controlled with lighter medications.
- Makeup can often be applied within 7-10 days of surgery.
- Patients look younger and often feel younger.
- The results are apparent within the first week, but you should anticipate ongoing healing and improvement for 6 months or more.
- The results should last for years.
To meet with one of the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at Associates in Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery (APAS) in Springfield, NJ, request a consultation online or call (908) 654-6540 today.